Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Long and the Shorts of It

 This top was an ugly shape, but the fabric was a vibrant stripe in a beautiful soft yet thick cotton. 
 
One pattern piece, two seams and a waistband later, perfect roller derby shorts!
 In summer I cut the legs off some 50c jeans to make shorts.  I know fabric has no feelings, but I always feel bad for the cut-off, cast-off, out-cast pieces. 
 This time it was a good thing, because I whipped them up into jeans for Little S!  (Mess in background model's own)

2 comments:

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails