Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Mega Easy Biscuits for Decorating

My good friend was coaching her first session of 'Fresh Meat' (Beginners Level) Roller Derby last night, so the spawn and I made her some supportive biscuits!
And then got a bit silly with the left over icing...
This recipe is the easiest, and with the best consistency for biscuit shape cutters.

Mega Easy Biscuits for Decorating
Melt 113g (1/2cup) of butter (I actually use a dairy free spread).
Mix in 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 1/2cups self-raising flour.
That's pretty much it!  Roll out about 1cm thick and cut.
Place on a baking tray with a little allowance for spreading, bake about 10-15 minutes.
You can add 1 tbs cocoa powder for chocolate biscuits, or 50g of chocolate chips, or nuts, or 1/4 cup coconut, or any combination.  They turn out crunchy, and perfect to decorate. 

Now I'm looking forward to when my rollerskate biscuit cutter arrives in the mail!

1 comment:

  1. thankyou SO much for this. I am making truck shaped biscuits for my nephews party on the weekend to put in the kids take home bags. I normally use shortbread, but thought it might be too crumbly for the bags..... these will be ideal.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails