Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Coolest Biscuits Ever!

Who can guess what came in the mail yesterday?
I thought I should show you what I've been using for the icing.
It is just a cone made of baking paper, filled, then folded in from the sides.

 On a slightly different topic, I had an anonymous comment about golden syrup on my damper post, and its been bugging me!  Who are you, secret reader?  I had a golden syrup dumpling when I was young, so long ago I don't know what they taste like anymore.  But in my memory it is simple, rustic, sweet.
  Anyone else harbouring a secret nostalgia?
Update: The wonderful Curlypops baked Golden Syrup Dumplings for me! (Virtually)  They look absolutely delicious, and she's got a great recipe too!

4 comments:

  1. Now they are the coolest biccies ever!
    My sister made golden syrup dumplings just a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't had them since I was at uni many moons ago. They were just as delicious as I remember.... I'm off to look for a recipe now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They ARE the coolest biscuits ever!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails