Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Perfectionists Anonymous

Today's theme it would seem, is orange and green.  I was struck with the vibrancy of these colours in my food today!
Asian Coleslaw, made from that wonderful cabbage I received.  Its essentially the same ingredients as a regular coleslaw (cabbage, carrot, spring onion and celery today), but with a delicious light dressing.  (Sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and garlic in a ratio of 4tsp-2tsp-2tsp-1tsp)
 
Pumpkin soup, pre-puree.  Everyone knows how to make this right!  Mine just has lots of pumpkin, celery, carrot, onion, garlic and cumin.
  And continuing on with my green theme, this is the first quilt I ever made.  

At a time of brute anxiety and nervous tension, I had to be busy and just began sewing squares together.  I had never quilted before because I had let my ideas of doing things 'properly' stop me from doing things at all.  This quilt represents me learning to let go, and facing my fear of producing something embarassingly shitty.  I learned that an imperfect reality is better than a perfect (and never realized) idea.
  Spurred on by the wonderful support of friends, in blogland and beyond, I am gestating an idea.  Inspired by "Regretsy" and all those people who audition for talent shows despite not having any, I am cooking up a plan.
  Its not quite ready yet..

5 comments:

  1. That certainly is inticing! Can hardly wait to hear your idea.
    I have a bunch of fabric I purchased (because I loved it) waiting for me to get over my anxiety of ruining it. Your quilt looks amazing and has perhaps kicked my in the butt to just try and make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about your plan...isn't Regretsy the best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. regretsy is hilarious! intrigued by your idea.....

    I'm loving your quote of an imperfect reality being better than a perfect, and never realised, idea. I have been guilty of too many of those in my life...

    emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for dropping by. They do smell woody lol. I don't do anything with the zentangles they are just rough doodles. I did do one really neat one that I made into a card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so relate to what you have written here ... I love these words for yours "I learned that an imperfect reality is better than a perfect (and never realized) idea." What a valuable lesson. I too am learning this. Learning that having a go is wonderful, that the process is awesome and the outcome is always a step ahead of where I started.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails