Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Happiness is ...

the wind in your 'kite'
 and a good friend popping over with her op-shop bag for me to rummage through!
And, yes, they are plastic shopping bags with yarn tied on.  The panda was taking out his fancy aerobatic kite and I grabbed some bags and yarn as we ran out the door, just to stop the spawn hassling him.  But our bag-kites worked much better than his, and were played with for the rest of the day!  Its true about appreciating the simple things.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! We constantly seem to over complicate stuff these days. I love that you've grabbed stuff that was handy and made a day of fun - outside - that your small persons will remember for quite a while I reckon. P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try those next time. They have attempted home made kites before and ended up in complete frustration. I had never thought of paper bags before. When my youngest (19months) is bored, I let her loose in the "second drawer down" in the kitchen and she remains entertained for so much longer than when directed toward the toy basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need friends like that! (And look at you, up to 21 followers! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails