Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Cunning Plan

I have discovered a cunning secret! The spawn and I have been doing a bit of baking lately - its a great indoor activity, and I know exactly what's going into them (I was horrified when I read that 'animal fat' was one of the top 4 ingredients in some cupcakes at the shop!). Some of my first tries at new recipes have been a bit ordinary, but I've discovered that when I include these average baked goods on our morning tea platter, the kids have learned that fruit is the best option, and largely ignore the cakes and biscuits! Ha! Ha! But then, I start to wonder,... Will the kids remember their mother as a woman with a sharp voice, cold hands AND inferior baking abilities?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails