Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Three Tiers for Slicer!

Hip Hip Hooray!
My latest project, some ruffle-butt shorts for a derby lady, had me reflecting on matters of scale.  For example some people are tall and delicate, some short and bold, some small and sharp (the combinations are endless) and the need to mirror the qualities of the person in the textures and design features of the costume.
The only important tip when making ruffle-butt shorts is to sew 2/3rds of your centre back seam first, so that you have a nice flat space to apply the ruffles.  Once they're on you can construct shorts as normal ie. inseams, then centre front seam joining up to the remaining part of the centre back seam.
  I hope she likes them!

1 comment:

  1. I love these shorts Screamstress - super comfy for Derby, and a little bit sassy too. I wonder what qualities you saw in my three tiers of ruffles?? Maybe I am like an onion, but shinier??

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails