Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Dream

So, craft mirrors life.
 I had an idea, a dream (see previous post).  I tried, adjusted, tried, adjusted, compromised.  The fabric resisted my attempts at change.  It had different properties (more polyester and a crisper handle) than I had originally thought.
Its always difficult to know when to keep trying, and when to accept something for what it is, and change the plan.

So I didn't end up with a pretty summer frock.
But I did get a very nice apron.

2 comments:

  1. Oh well things don't always turn out as we plan. Flexible is good, I love the apron.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah crimplene I suspect - very popular for housecoats in the 50s and 60s and perfect for an apron - it was built to have the half life of a radioactive atom.

    Changing the plan is the perogative of a creative - I applaud you for not giving up and chucking it in the rag bag....which is what I probably would have done.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails