Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Monday, February 14, 2011

What Are You Aiming For?

What are you aiming for?
Sometimes, I discover I am aiming for something just because I think it is desired or right or correct.
Sometimes, I discover that I'm being really successful, if I just moved the goals.
Sometimes, I'm aiming for a Catherine Zeta-Jones, and ending up with more of a Helena Bonham-Carter.
And then I realize, I LOVE Helena Bonham-Carter, and her freaky dishevelled I-don't-give-a-damn style.
Why aim for perfection, if I don't even LIKE perfection?

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this. And I'm definately styling more Helena than Catherine today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you on this! Every now and then I moan about the fact that I don't look more polished and put-together. Then I realise that I don't want to look that way anyway, and all is good with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I get to the end of the day without vomit in my hair, I chalk it up as a win.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails