Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Piece of Quiet

Yay!  School holidays are over!  So what did I do with my first 'piece of quiet' (as Big O says) time in 2 1/2 weeks?  Well, I vacuumed a hole in the mess just big enough to lay out some fabric, and started cutting.
Orange booty shorts ($1 cotton lycra from the op-shop) with fluorescent paint splatter ruffles (a re-fashioned 50c tank top), and a cupcake mini ruffle skirt.
 More shorts from this cool random fabric, a secondhand men's t-shirt.
 A sample of all the ruffly shiny stripy glittery derby shorty things I have been working on for sale at bouts.
And because I have to rush out to start work at 4, a cold platter for the kids dinner, anything to make it easier for the White Cloud!
  Check out more creative spaces over at Kootoyoo :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man...what a bevy of beauties! And that cold plate looks pretty substantial...super mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was a well used and well deserved piece of quiet...

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails