Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Football Day

Today was "Football Day" at Big S's school.  It made me frown a little.  All the boys were dressed up in their team colours, aspiring to be a famous player one day.  Many of the little girls were also dressed in their family's team colours, aspiring to be... what?  A supporter?  A footballer's girlfriend?
  Women's football exists no doubt, but I have never seen it in our local or national media.  There are very, very few women's sports that have equal billing with men's.
  Maybe that's why I love Roller Derby.  I think I've just realized why my reaction to men's roller derby is "Buggar off.  Let the girls have their one sport."
  So next term, let's have Roller Derby Day!

1 comment:

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails