Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In Appreciation of Old Men

I got this hideous cardigan for $1.  
100% lovely soft wool, and hand-knitted as well.
It reminds me of old men.
Old men who have worked hard their whole lifetime.
My father, who didn't get enough time to enjoy being an old man.
My Pa, my Grandpa. 
The Panda who works away, works on the weekend, comes home, helps with the housework and spends on-on-one time with each of the kids.
 
I hope my boys grow up and enjoy being old men surrounded by their families.
In appreciation of all the men we love, go give your Dad a cuddle, phone your Grandpa, squeeze your son, kiss your hubby!
(Thanks go to Big S for taking photos for Mum!)

2 comments:

  1. A lovely post. Made me cry. My dad too didn't get the chance to be an old man. Will go and give Pete a big hug right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an 'old man' cardy, but you do look gorgeous! Good on you Big S for taking some great photos of your Mum ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails