Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankyou

You know the scene from "Terms of Endearment" when Debra Winger is in the supermarket?

 Well I had a bit of a moment.  Stuck in Aldi with two rowdy three year olds, with no $2 coin or token for the trolley, stressing out because they don't have baskets, trying to make the children carry the groceries, trying to figure out how to leave (one-way automatic doors eek!)
It all sounds so stupid now.
When everybody else was looking away embarassed, one kind woman gave me a coin for the trolley.  It was all I could do to manage a little 'thankyou' at the time and stop myself bursting into tears.  So I would just like to say thankyou to that kind lady. 
Go rent "Terms of Endearment".  Its a wonderful film, watch it, don't live it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, those precious moments of panic have me breaking out in a cold sweat - how kind of the lady to save a mum's day:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing for that lady to do. Wonderful. There are just some moment some days that I too just don't know how I am going to survive.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails