Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Monday, April 26, 2010

My What a Pumpkin!

As you know, I'm a fan of making the most of what you have, and at the moment I have AN ENORMOUS PUMPKIN!  Home grown in Nona Panda's garden.
 So far we have had Roast Pumpkin, Zucchini and Cherry Tomato Salad with balsamic dressing.  Mmmmmnn.
We have made these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, but I used brown sugar instead of white, and put double the spice amounts!  And I'm sorry you can't have a taste, because they are an unexpected delight!
We have also made this Spicy Roast Pumpkin dip.  I surfed the internet for a while, then just made up my own recipe by throwing in salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and some sweet chilli sauce.  As you can see, even the spawn didn't mind it!
  I've given some of the pumpkin away, but still have 1/3 in my fridge!  Anyone got any more ideas?  I think tonight we'll be having Pumpkin Soup anyway!

1 comment:

  1. pumpkin cornnbread bread, pumpkin curry, roast pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie, pumpkin patties, pumpkin pancakes... you're going to be all pumpkined out! xo m.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails