I have a friend in mourning. I know, once we've left the 'Neverland' of our chidhoods, we can't return.
- Roughly chop 1 carrot, 1 stick celery, 2 potatoes, 1 onion, 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, and put everything in a casserole dish with a lid.
- Cube some beef (however much you can afford), and roll around in a freezerbag with some flour (2 tbs roughly) and salt and pepper, and add to the casserole dish.
- Add one can of chopped tomatoes, and whatever other flavourings you like (ie. bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce, red wine)
- Add enough water to just cover.
- Cook in moderate oven for a minimum of two hours, stirring when you remember.