Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What About the Weighted Blankets?

A quiet calm.
A heavy stillness.
With my father dead, and my husband often gone, I have longed for a moment of clear, still, peace.
Last year has had me flailing helplessly like an unwrapped infant.
Yearning for a simple embrace, warm, encompassing, undemanding.
Soft constant pressure.
A weighted blanket.

Since stumbling upon the idea of weighted therapy I have been fascinated.
DandelionMama has a good tutorial if you would like to make a weighted blanket.

2 comments:

  1. This speaks to me on so many levels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking a bit about your weighted blanket idea -I think it's brilliant. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Great Aussie photos too xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails