Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

As Everybody Knows By Now...

As everybody knows by now, I was behaving very badly on the weekend. 
 So I thought I would do a bit of sucking up...
and what better way to say 'sorry' than with baked goods!

(This is actually a teacake, I'm always impressed with how light it is. It is much better topped with the traditional cinnamon and sugar, than my sucky icing.)
Nana O's Teacake
Beat one egg and 1/3 cup sugar until frothy.
Add 1tsp vanilla essence, and 1/2 cup milk.
Then add halfway between 3/4 and 1 cup of self raising flour.
Lastly add 1 tbs melted butter.
Pour into a greased loaf or small cake tin, bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
While hot rub with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.

This post is for Jasmine, I wish that everyone who behaves badly apologized with cake!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, you rock! As such an apology is never going to happen in my world I think I will have a crack at making the cake myself this arvo and share it with a good friend who's coming for a visit. And we will NOT bitch about MILs. (Hers is a trollop too!)xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails