Housewife, cheapskate, crafter, mum. Trying not to go crazy, trying not to go broke.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wouldn't it be Luverly!

I'm sitting in front of my heater all alone, thinking and knitting and drinking ginger tea, feeling like Eliza Dolittle, and wishing I had someone's head resting on my knee, instead of watching a horror film in the next room!  
I found a beautiful printed velveteen skirt for $3, which was so long I was able to make two skirts from it, one a-line, the other gathered into a waistband.
 But now that I look at the photo, people will probably think I'm just wearing the same skirt!
And I have yet to figure out what shape an elephant is. 
 I was trying to make an elephant 'blocker' in classic derby stance, but without the orange..
She looks like this, resting on her trunk because I've made her arms too little!  I don't know what to do with her, I haven't the heart to tell her she's not going skating anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Love that skirt re-do...and your little elephant is too sweet (in spite of her unusually proportioned arms)!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love that you've had a rummage through - let me know your thoughts! Feel welcome to use the 'Anonymous' choice, but please leave your name, I have an overactive imagination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails